Saturday 3 November 2012

Quick Service Food & Beverage: Role Outline & Potential Placements!

WDW-Pizza-wApples79478003

So, my role in the show will be Quick Service Food & Beverage! I have to say I am a little disappointed with that as its the last thing I wanted to do, but at least I’m going right? I can’t be too selfish and complain about that when a lot of other people didn't get the job. Abit worried about having to handle meat, being a vegetarian, it would probably knock me sick! I thought I would do a little post about what the role would entail and my top choice for where I would like to be placed.

  • Selling food and beverages at outdoor carts and/or indoor restaurants
  • Taking and filling orders, multi-tasking
  • Preparing and assembling food items in a kitchen area, including the use of a fryer, grill, broiler, and other industrial cooking equipment
  • Cash handling - both manual and using computerized registers
  • Bussing tables, washing dishes, cleaning kitchen equipment, and emptying trash cans
  • Dispensing and selling alcoholic beverages
  • Setting and stocking tables, outdoor carts, and restaurants
  • Heavy lifting, pushing heavy carts
  • Working with cleaning chemicals
  • Working independently or as part of a large team
  • Standing for extended periods, working outdoors

That’s quite a massive list of things I could be required to do, but it’s all experience right? I’m really looking forward to making friends and interacting with guests. I think I'd most like to work in a cute little cafe/ice cream parlour in fantasy land, fingers crossed!

mrs_potts_cupboard

Mrs. Potts' Cupboard: Soft-serve ice cream. Fantasyland.
Enchanted Grove: Swirls, slushes, orange juice. Fantasyland.
Main Street Bakery: Bagels, pastry, yogurt, parfaits, quiche. Main Street U.S.A.

They’re just some of the places I would absolutely love to work, especially Mrs. Potts’ Cupboard. Of course I could be placed anywhere, and to be honest I’m just happy to be going! It’s gonna be a perfect end to my university life and a great start to perusing my teaching degree and joining the “real world”.

xox

2 comments:

  1. Lets hope you get placed in somewhere in New Fantasyland. Id hate you for life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog and absolutely outstanding. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best. mold in coffee maker

    ReplyDelete