So, my role in the show will be Quick Service Food & Beverage! I have to say I am a little disappointed with that as its the last thing I wanted to do, but at least I’m going right? I can’t be too selfish and complain about that when a lot of other people didn't get the job. Abit worried about having to handle meat, being a vegetarian, it would probably knock me sick! I thought I would do a little post about what the role would entail and my top choice for where I would like to be placed.
- Selling food and beverages at outdoor carts and/or indoor restaurants
- Taking and filling orders, multi-tasking
- Preparing and assembling food items in a kitchen area, including the use of a fryer, grill, broiler, and other industrial cooking equipment
- Cash handling - both manual and using computerized registers
- Bussing tables, washing dishes, cleaning kitchen equipment, and emptying trash cans
- Dispensing and selling alcoholic beverages
- Setting and stocking tables, outdoor carts, and restaurants
- Heavy lifting, pushing heavy carts
- Working with cleaning chemicals
- Working independently or as part of a large team
- Standing for extended periods, working outdoors
That’s quite a massive list of things I could be required to do, but it’s all experience right? I’m really looking forward to making friends and interacting with guests. I think I'd most like to work in a cute little cafe/ice cream parlour in fantasy land, fingers crossed!
Mrs. Potts' Cupboard: Soft-serve ice cream. Fantasyland.
Enchanted Grove: Swirls, slushes, orange juice. Fantasyland.
Main Street Bakery: Bagels, pastry, yogurt, parfaits, quiche. Main Street U.S.A.
They’re just some of the places I would absolutely love to work, especially Mrs. Potts’ Cupboard. Of course I could be placed anywhere, and to be honest I’m just happy to be going! It’s gonna be a perfect end to my university life and a great start to perusing my teaching degree and joining the “real world”.